Grand View Lodge has been a part of Northern Minnesotan history for over 100 years. Located in Nisswa, it has continued to stand the test of time as a resort destination. For many, it has become a second home, as multiple generations of families have now spent years making fond memories here. From its humble beginnings, it was intended for accommodations for parents who dropped their children off at local camps. It was a perfect oasis on the lake to escape the hot Minnesota summers, and its popularity only grew from there. Grand View Lodge is still a perfect place to visit if you want to relax, have fun, and feel pampered.
Come to Grand View Lodge for an array of experiences. There is something for everyone, making this a great location for family vacations, reunions, weddings, and other group gatherings. If you and your partner need to get away without the kids, Grand View can be the perfect romantic destination. If you want lots of activities, they’ve also got you covered. Everyone should add this resort to their list of must-visit places.
Today, Grand View Lodge is still utilized as a popular destination, and theres more to do than ever before. From the vast lake activities, to world class golfing, to luxury spa experiences and fine culinary dining, it has stepped into the modern age of fine resort living.
Grand View Lodge offers a wide variety of golfing packages to choose from. Youre able to take advantage of the different courses in the area, participate in special golf events, and include all of it into your accommodations package. There are three courses that are a part of the property: The Pines, The Preserve, and The Garden. Grand View Lodge holds the title of the Most Awarded Golf Resort in Minnesota, and these courses will make you understand why. Set in the heart of the woods, these courses offer a beautiful setting to put your skills to the test. Make sure to book your tee times far in advance as these are highly sought after courses!
You dont have to be a golf pro to enjoy all that Grand View Lodge has to offer. Its unique setting in Northern Minnesota makes it an ideal location for taking advantage of activities in all seasons. These include, but are not limited to, the Family Fun Center, Zip Lining, Guided Fishing, Waterfront Rentals, Ice Skating, Hockey, Drive-In Movies, Bonfires on the Beach, Waterskiing, Wake boarding, Tennis, Pontoon Cruises, Childrens Programs, Horseback Riding, Jet skiing, Mountain Biking, Snow Tubing, Dog Sled Rides, Snowmobiling, Indoor Pool, Ice Fishing, Sleigh Rides, Nature Hiking, and more! As you can see theres no such thing as a bad time to visit Grand View Lodge, as there is always something to do in any weather. Reunions and concerts are also a common occurrence all summer long.
Northern Minnesota has been a popular destination for decades of relaxation due to the glacier waters known for their rejuvenation properties. This is what has inspired the name for the luxury spa at Grand View Lodge, Glacial Waters Spa. The extensive list of services is sure to leave you feeling like a whole new person! Within each service is a variety of packages to fit your individual needs. Services include massages, skin care, body treatments, skin care enhancements, hydrotherapy, manicures, couples services, pedicures, massage enhancements, nail care enhancements, beauty, and waxing services. A must visit for your stay at Grand View Lodge.
The Grand View Lodge has become a well known destination for weddings, and up to seven weddings a weekend can sometimes be seen! Gorgeous ceremony venues with beautiful scenery are the perfect place to say I Do, and thats what youll find at Grand View. Private reception areas are able to accommodate an upwards of 400 guests, and includes professional catering services and a dedicated wedding planner to help make sure the special day runs smoothly. It has been featured in Minnesota Bride Magazine for six years running. Your guests and wedding party will be happy with your choice with all there is to do at this resort. Many will remember your wedding as being one of the best vacations they ever had.
Staying at Grand View Lodge is truly a treat. When you step into the main lodge its like youve been transformed into the 1920s as the original building still stands. A grand fireplace, beautiful woodwork, and a breathtaking view of the lake high from the cliff side all hit your senses in the guest check-in area. Many additions to the property have been added, including cabins spread throughout the lake front. Here you can enjoy a private getaway in your own cabin on the lake and an authentic lake life experience of Northern Minnesota.
Heres a peek into what cabin styles there are to choose from:
- Large 8+ Bedroom Cabins – Bring the entire family and even extended family and stay in these massive cabins equipped to handle everyone.
- Bay Colony – Located in historic Hole-In-The-Day Bay on Gull Lake, these duplex lakeview cabins can accommodate anywhere from 2-10 people. Full kitchens, a living room, and fireplace make it feel just like home.
- Gull Haven – These are log cabin style and set on the lake. Each has 2-4 bedrooms and can accommodate 2-12 people. Most have stone fireplaces, beautiful wood throughout, full kitchens, and even recreation rooms with foosball.
- Interlachen Townhomes – Townhouse style cabins are perfect for small families or couples and feature 2-4 bedrooms.
- Roy Villas – These cabins offer everything you need for your family to feel at home. Three bedrooms, a loft, vaulted ceilings, and a huge main space make it perfect for large groups and entertaining. Theres even a large game room with a pool table and poker table. Grill out on the deck overlooking the lake and relax with family and friends.
- Roy Cabins – Cozy lakefront cabins offer a private retreat right on the lake. These are 1-2 bedroom cabins with kitchens and everything you need to enjoy the beauty of Minnesota. Your own private dock can be used for boating or fishing with the kids.
- Roy Cottages – These luxury lake homes are located off the golf courses and have every amenity you will need for your stay. Full service kitchens, flat screen TVs, soaking tubs, recreation rooms, and 2-4 bedrooms will make you feel right at home.
- Homes on Nokomis – Located steps from the main lodge, you can enjoy all the property has to offer right outside your door. Hit the spa and then dinner in the main lodge.
- Cabins – Sixty five unique cabins scattered around the main lodge offer the perfect sized cabin for anyone. From one bedroom tree house style cabins to eight bedrooms, you can fit any size group.
- Lodge – One of your visits to Grandview Lodge has to include a stay at the main lodge building. These historic rooms are located in the original building from the 1920s. These overlook the cliff down to the lake and are perfect for a business traveler or romantic weekend.
- Clubhouse Suites – Stay right off the 1st Tee of The Pines Golf Course in these luxury cabin style homes. You can sleep between 2 and 8 people and will find all the modern amenities of home.
- 8th Fairway Townhomes – Choose from 1-5 bedrooms and stay in these luxury style townhomes located in the middle of two golf courses.
- Golf Villas – Connected villas off the golf course feature between 1 and 3 bedrooms, game rooms, pool table, vaulted ceilings, and beautiful wood work.
The culinary experience is truly world class. There are many great places to eat at Grandview Lodge. You can check in and not want for a thing. With all the dining options, you can try so many different things during your trip. Check out all they offer for dining!
- Grand Breakfast – Starting with the Grand Breakfast at the main lodge dining room, you will find a massive breakfast buffet loaded with more good food than you could try in one meal. Its a perfect way to ensure youll have the needed energy for the days activities.
- Cru – This fine restaurant and wine bar has over 2,000 bottles of wine from around the world. Sous Chef Marley Stanger prepares amazing local favorites and foods from the region. This quiet atmosphere is perfect for a romantic evening.
- Italian Gardens – Set amongst a beautiful garden in a cottage style building, you will find a family style restaurant with homemade Italian and Sicilian fare. Bring the whole family and enjoy a meal around the dinner table like youre at home.
- Northwoods Pub – If youre looking for a little more relaxed dining experience, head on down to the pub located on the bottom floor of the main lodge. Hand crafted burgers and sandwiches are sure to satisfy your hunger from being on the lake all day. Enjoy a great Minnesota-made beer collection as well as a full bar with all your favorite alcoholic beverages. Here you can also find live entertainment for some late night dancing!
- Tanque Verde Cantina – One of the newest additions to the property, this southwestern inspired restaurant is located right on the beach. Come off the boat and grab some tacos or a southwest salad and a margarita to beat the summer heat.
- Freddys Sports Grille – Located at the Pines Golf Course, you can enjoy a sports bar with a north woods style. This is the perfect place to fuel up after a long day on the course or catch the big game on one of eight big screen TVs with some friends.
Grand View Lodge is owned by the same family that owns Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson, Arizona. Tanque Verde Ranch provided winter employment for Grand View Lodge employees as well as a warm escape for Minnesotans during the cold winters. Both continue to be world class resorts dedicated to quality hospitality. Plan your next trip here for any season. Once you visit Grand View Lodge, you will want to visit during different times of the year to experience everything this beautiful resort has to offer.
Photo Credits: EveryAvenueGirl, Grand View Lodge