If you’re ready to escape the hustle and bustle of the daily grind, and sit back sipping on a mojito living that island life, then a trip to South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island, Florida is for you. Easy to book, this island locale on the west coast of Florida is a gem right here in the United States. Catering to couples, families, and even large groups, this island resort has something for everyone; from the thrill seeking adventure enthusiast to the laid back cabana queen, this resort offers it all, making it the best of both worlds for those traveling together even when their ideas of vacation don’t necessarily align.
Visit South Seas Island Resort’s Many Pools & Beaches
- Resort Pools: South Seas Island Resort hosts three large pools at the main resort complex, with other additional pools available outside of certain villas and cottages throughout the property. Cabanas, large games outdoor games such as foosball, ping pong and connect 4 are available along the pool decks, along with the family pools having beach balls and other fun inclusions for the kids.
- H2Whoa! Waterslides: Fun for kids and adults, the H2Whoa! Waterslide pool boasts two large water slides and a beautifully shaded pool perfect for families.
- Cabana Rentals: Available across the main pool deck, the cabanas at South Seas Island resort include a television and fully sticked fridge. Overlooking the Pine Island Sound these cabanas are perfect for a long day spent poolside in the Florida sun.
- Beaches: Boasting 2.5 miles of white sandy beaches, the South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island, Florida is great for water sports of all sorts, shelling, spotting wildlife and simply playing by the seashore. The gently lapping waters are clear blue and ideal for swimming and floating the day away.
Health & Wellness Activities at South Seas Island Resort
- Captiva Golf Course: One of the world’s top short courses, this golf course is situated on the water giving one phenomenal views of the ocean and sound while playing a quick game on a gorgeous, maintained course.
- Blackwood Tennis Academy: Offering lessons and instruction for beginners to competitive players, the tennis academy is a great way to spend a few hours outdoors and active on the island.
- Ambu Yoga: Offering early morning yoga, this is a great way to get those peaceful vacation vibes flowing.
- Kay Casperson Spa: A full service salon and spa on site, couples and individuals can partake in a relaxing massage, facial or mani/pedi.
- Fitness Center: South Seas Island Resort features a state of the art fitness center near the resort’s main complex, and boasts an exercise trail perfect for running or biking in the breezy, balmy Florida weather.
Nature Activities at South Seas Island Resort
- Shelling: Known for its shelling, the beaches of South Seas Island Resort are constantly replenished by the sea with beautiful seashells, just make sure to head down early before many of the shells are broken.
- Kayaking: Explore the waters around the island, kayak through a mangrove forest, and check out some of the local wildlife up close with a kayaking tour of Captiva Island. You’ll likely come upon a few manatees and dolphins!
- Go!Fish: A catch and release program fun for kids and adults, get some fishing tips from a pro.
- Bicycling: With rentals available, biking around the island at a leisurely pace is a great way to go exploring and get in a little exercise.
- Paddle boarding: Try your hand at a paddle boarding eco-tour and check out the island surroundings.
Water Sports at South Seas Island Resort
- South Seas Island Resort Fishing: Many visitors to South Seas Island Resort come by boat or bring their own to fish in the waters around the island. There are also full and half day fishing charters available and sure to be an action packed day of adventure.
- Book an Offshore cruise with Captiva Cruises: With many other islands nearby, Captiva Cruises hosts a variety of charters to other islands nearby such as Cabbage Key and Cayo Costa State Park, along with sunset cruises and dolphin and wildlife tours.
- Golf carts Rides: The ideal mode of transportation around the island, golf carts can be rented from Sunny Island Adventures daily/weekly. Enjoy exploring and seeing the sights around this island from the paths winding throughout.
- Parasailing: For the thrill seeker or adventure enthusiast who likes a birds eye view, check out the island the the waters surrounding it from the sky. The awesome and friendly staff of Sunny Island Adventures will make sure it’s a trip to remember.
- Jet Skiing: Rent a jet ski from Sunny Island Adventures and enjoy a fast paced, fun-filled day out on the water.
- Colgate Offshore Sailing School: A renowned sailing school, come for a lesson and leave with a lifetime love of sailing, courses are available for beginners and more experienced sailors.
Kids Activities at South Seas Island Resort
- Camp Skullywags: Offering morning only, full day options and even certain evenings, Camp Skullywags is a fun kids only camp where children 4-12 can do arts & crafts, play games, and hang out with the resident parrot and hermit crabs. With a different theme daily the kids are sure to love their time here.
- Scout About: An on island scavenger hunt for everyone, Scout About is fun for all ages! Collect all the bands while learning about local wildlife to get your name on the wall of fame!
- Sanibel Sea School: Whoever said vacation shouldn’t also be educational? Available for children aged 6-13 this field based marine exploration program is a great way to get kids engaged and learning about the local fish, wildlife and ecosystem of Captiva Island.
On Island Dining Options
- Captiva Provision Company: Located near the welcome gate, this grocery store offers a wide variety of foods and wine, including grab and go options, Boars Head meats and cheeses, and deli sandwiches and freshly prepared salads.
- Starbucks: Stop in for breakfast or to grab a coffee on the go, Starbucks opens early so you can grab a latte before beginning your days activities.
- Ships Store: A convenience store located near the resorts main pool area, Ships Store offers a grab and go selection along with wines and other small bites.
- Scoops and Slices: This vintage 1950’s style diner complete with red vinyl booths, offers pizza, sliders, chicken tenders and more. Plus the kids will love the candy wall, ice cream treats or even the self serve frozen yogurt.
- Crooked Snook Tiki Bar: On the main pool deck, overlooking the Pine Island Sound, this is a great place to grab a tropical drink and fish sandwich poolside.
- The Pointe: Also on the resorts main pool deck, the Pointe serves up everything from burgers to salads to fish tacos poolside or on its well-appointed deck in the shade.
- Attitudes Beach Bar and Latitudes Snack Shack: Located steps above Sunset Beach, the Attitudes Beach Bar and Latitudes Snack Shack serves drinks, small bites, wraps and more, allowing you to stay at the beach all day. In the evening there are games, a fire pit, and nightly entertainment served up here as well.
- Harbourside Bar and Grill: Casual dining at its finest, the Harbourside Bar and Grill overlooking the marina hosts a breakfast buffet, full breakfast menu, and serves some of the finest seafood, steaks, and pasta nightly.
- Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grill: This Caribbean inspired sports bar features signature dishes such as Yucatan Shrimp Tacos and Lime Panko Crusted Fish Sandwiches. Also offering a full bar, this restaurant boasts a variety of premium rums.
Nightly Entertainment at South Seas Island Resort
Head down to Sunset Beach nightly for a variety of family friendly activities and entertainment. Go star-gazing, tell stories around the fire pit, toss a magic seashell in the sea, or relax in a hammock under the trees while listening to the nightly live entertainment, there is something for everyone to enjoy as the sun sets and the day ends on this beautiful island getaway.
South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island, Florida is not only a vacation haven, it is a tradition. Many couples and families come back year after year to visit this tropical island filled with some of the best amenities around. The accommodations are luxurious, the activities are as laid back or action packed as you want them to be, and the services are impeccable. The truly family friendly atmosphere allows everyone present to kick back, relax, and enjoy their stay on this spacious and naturally beautiful nature preserve full of family fun.