Summer is on its way but that doesn’t mean you can’t start enjoying some of your favorite activities this spring! If you are in the Tampa Bay area or are traveling to the area, be sure to check out some of the fun activities that Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has in store for families this spring!
For the Preschoolers
Sesame Street Weekends: Let’s Play Together
If your kids love Elmo and the rest of the monsters from Sesame Street, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is your place to go. Each Saturday and Sunday in May the kids can see the whole Sesame Street gang at the Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends. Each day parents and kids can enjoy family friendly activities like crafts and activities, animal encounters, and a flower maze. Make amazing memories by completing the family scavenger hunt and paint-by-number mural together as a family.
In addition to this always fun Sesame Street-themed weekend, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will also have its new live show Let’s Play Together each day at 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m at the Sunny Day Theater. This fun, interactive show features all your kids’ favorite monsters from the Sesame Street gang including Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, and more! Together, all your Sesame Street friends will learn that being different is the best part about being friends. Sing and dance along as they talk about the value of having friends by your side even if they are different from you.
You can also have lunch with Elmo and all the Sesame Street monsters by booking Lunch with Elmo and Friends for a fun, delicious character buffet-dining experience. Enjoy hugs, pictures, and seeing your best buds from the friendliest street on the block.
Busch Gardens’ Preschool Card
The fun doesn’t have to stop there, though! Throughout the entire summer, Florida residents 5 and under can enjoy each and every weekend for FREE with the Busch Gardens’ Preschool Card, including the Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend is the spring and the fall Sesame Street Kids’ Weekends.
For the Big Kids
Busch Gardens has fun activities all summer long for the entire family, too. Here are some of their upcoming events and activities that are geared towards older kids:
- Jack Hanna Weekend– May 27th & 28th
- Join the famous animal expert, Jack Hanna, as he showcases some of his favorite furry (and not so furry friends) in exclusive live animal shows. Get up close and personal with Jack during a meet and greet at Tales and Tails with Jack Hanna or during a real-life safari at Serengeti Night Safari with Jack Hanna.
- Summer Nights- May 25th to August 5th
- Every night during the summer, big kids (and adults!) can enjoy the park long after the sun goes down with Busch Garden Tampa Bay’s Summer Nights. Enjoy the thrilling rides in the dark with extended hours until 10 P.M. Dance the night away in themed party zone and enjoy delicious foods until the wee hours like steak chimichurri, chicken waffle sandwich with blackberry pepper jelly, smoked beef brisket sliders with peach slaw, hummus topped with curry-roasted cauliflower, chilled shrimp with watermelon & tamarind glaze, mini donuts, and funnel cakes.
For the Adults
Mom and dad need some time together, too and what better way to spend a day date than to hit up some of adult only festivals from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Here are some upcoming and future events at Busch Gardens just for the kids at heart:
- Bier Festival- August 25th to September 16th
- Every Saturday and Sunday from August 25th to September 16th you can enjoy Busch Garden Tampa Bay’s Bier Festival. Here you can taste beers from around the globe plus our favorite local breweries. You can also enjoy traditional German cuisine, festival music, and a true Bavarian celebration. Kids are welcome to join in the festivities (minus the beer drinking) but taking a day date to enjoy this festival is a great idea, too!
- Food and Wine Festival– Spring 2019
- Coming again in Spring 2019, the 5th annual Food and Wine Festival at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is definitely something to look forward to for next year. Each year comes with new surprises like signature dishes, cuisine, and a huge selection of wine. Not an invested wino, though? No worries- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay’s Food and Wine Festival also offers craft brews and cocktails. Enjoy your delicious food and yummy drinks alongside with some amazing concerts and performances. What a fun way to spend the day with your significant other!
Join all your friends from Sesame Street and more this season at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay!
EXPLORE AND CONNECT